Friday, November 30, 2012

C4K Summary for November

Andrea J.'s Blog Post on November 1, 2012.
New Mexico
Andrea's Blog Post
Andrea's J.'s post was all about the weekend she got to spend with her family. Her father had been out of town for a month and he showed up unannounced, surprising everyone. He then told his family he was taking the next four days off of work and they were taking a family road trip to New Mexico. Andrea and her sister were very excited. After driving the entire first day, Andrea and her family stopped in a town in New Mexico to stay for the night. Andrea said the town was "obsessed with aliens". She said there were aliens everywhere she looked. After enjoying the hotel pool and hot tub, Andrea and her family hit the road once again. After a few hours of driving they finally arrived at their final destination. They rented out a cabin for the entire weekend. They enjoyed hiking, and grilling, and sitting in the hot tub that changed colors. Andrea loved her spontaneous weekend with her family.

You can read all of Mr. Boylen's students' blogs by clicking here.

Rachel M's Blog Post on November 1, 2012.
October Reflections

Rachel's Blog

Rachel's most recent blog post was about what she did with her class during the month of October. She and her classmates wrote scary stories. Her's was about a little girl that finds an amulet and then discovers that someone, or something, is after her. Rachel said they also did a variety of science experiments following the theme of Halloween. They made "ghost poop, farts, eggs, vampire veins, and monster foam." She went into the most detail about the vampire veins. She said there are two ingredients you need to know so you can make "vampire veins" at home: water, and Vampire Goo. I thought that was hilarious! I'm sure Wal-Mart stays fully stocked with Vampire Goo. I commented back to Rachel saying how impressed I was with her writing ability. I'm not sure what grade this child is in, but she writes better than a lot of the students in this class. I also, very briefly, told her about a scary story I wrote when I was in fifth grade about an alien abduction. Overall, Rachel seemed like a very intelligent little girl and I was impressed by her work. If I were her teacher, I would have given her an A for her post.

To read all of Mr. Spicer's students' blog posts, please click here.

Candace Stewart's Blog Post on November 16, 2012.
Reflection

Candace Stewart

In Candace's most recent blog post she discusses her thoughts on the book she just finished reading entitled, Speak. She said it was a very intriguing read and she learned a lot from it. She said it taught her many things. She learned that you never know what's going on in someone's life until they tell you, and people actually care about other people's thoughts and feelings. I was glad to hear that she really enjoyed the book. I've only seen the movie, but it's one of my all time favorites. It really does have a powerful message. I'm glad to see that she actually got something out of it and I told her so in the comment I left on her blog post.

To read Candace's full blog, please click here.

1 comment: